Last night I was so excited when I was flicking through the beautiful David Jones Autumn/Fall catalogue and suddenly… BRAINWAVE…
Miranda Kerr is photographed at a similar size in many spreads so…
I’M GOING TO CUT HER AND OUTFITS OUT AND MAKE…
I loved these as a kid, and to be completely honest I still do!
I have a plan for these lovelies so when they are complete and ready to go I will post a few photos*
*Note to self- I need to find my digital camera so my photos aren’t so dodgy.
Clothes/Fashion swap online and world wide?
I NEED AS MANY RESPONSES EVEN JUST A LIKE TO SEE THE NUMBERS AND SEE IF THIS IS WORTH WHILE… THE MORE RESPONSES AND OR LIKES THE BETTER THE CHANCES OF THIS HAPPENING AND BEING THE BEST IT CAN BE!
Inspired by the DIY Postcard swap 2012 by ihanna… I have thought about organising a fashion/clothes swap. There would be a minimal ($5-$10AU) registration fee involved and obviously the postage of your items (again approx $5-$10AU). It would involve you sending 5 items of pre-loved clothing to an address that you will be given and in return you would receive someone elses pre-loved package of 5 new clothing items for your wardrobe. There would have to be rules set… the rules i have come up with so far.
1. There will be a deadline to register and a deadline to send your items.
2. Participants will be asked kindly not to register if they at all feel they are unable to send 5 pre-loved clothing items to their specified address in time. This will ruin the swap and will mean there is a lot of unappreciated follow up from my end.
3. All 5 clothing items must be in fantastic condition although pre-loved. This means no stains, faults, rips and or tears (obviously rips and tears are allowed if it is apart of the garments design). If you are questioning whether a pre-loved garment is in good enough condition, then it’s not!
4. All 5 items must be the same size and gender (eg. AU8, ladies small) and age bracket. (I will make sure the package you receive is clothing for your age, gender and of course size)
5. As the items are all going to be a surprise and the sender does not know you or your tastes, I understand there may be some garments you receive that you are not fond of… All items that will not be used by you should be sent to a good will store. Bearing in mind if we could refrain from sending things similar to 80’s taffeta prom dresses that most likely won’t be worn be the receiver that would be appreciated… Remember Karma… If you send something amazing, imagine what you would receive.
If we tried this out, not only would it be a bit of fun, but it saves us buying something expensive and also helps the environment and sustainability.
please REBLOG this for word of mouth… or should i say “word of tumblr”
Does anyone out there read the fabulous magazine Frankie?
- I picked it up years ago as a teenager and had a liking for it
- It was in “Magnation” the trendy magazine shop, that served latte’s, I was sooo trendy!
- I didn’t pick it up ever again (probably because of my budget and spending my money on Cleo and Cosmo)
- I picked it up recently and have just bought the recent issue and I am now a huge fan and lover of it!
- Let me know because if you like Frankie I’m most likely going to like your blog!